Your Supply Source for the Gorge
Hood River Hours
PO BOX 209
Hood River, OR. 97031
- To be the Preferred Source of Innovative Retail and Agricultural Products in the Columbia River Gorge
- To be a Profitable and Financially Strong Cooperative committed to being the Supply Source in the Gorge
Our Core Values
- Accountability and Integrity
- Commitment to Community
- Relevant and Innovative
- Stewardship and Sustainability – Responsible planning and management of all our Resources
- Dedicated to our Members and Customers
- Inspiring our Employees to be the best that they can be which is vital to our Success
What is a Cooperative?
A cooperative is a business owned collectively by its members who share in the benefits. The co-op’s purpose is to supply its customers with a product, marketing assistance or services.
While cooperatives have much in common with other businesses, there are some differences. Profits, which in our industry are known as “savings” (i.e. money left over each year after the costs of doing business are met), are returned to the customers. At least 20% of these savings are returned in cash and the balance returned in stock certificates. Stock certificates are retired with cash at a later date, depending upon the co-op’s policies and available funds.
Cooperatives operate on a one-member, one-vote policy. Every common stockholder has an equal voice in the cooperative.